DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN SPAIN
Iberdrola España apuesta por la diversidad y la inclusión para lograr un desarrollo sostenible
At Iberdrola España, we work to generate more value in the communities in which we are present. Ensuring inclusion and diversity among employees, customers, and suppliers is one of our top priorities, and we therefore implement a series of measures to promote them in Spain.
Iberdrola España employees celebrate proudly in Madrid under the motto 'Diversity is energy!'.
Our progress towards a fairer and more egalitarian society
In order to achieve a good environment that promotes equal opportunities, non-discrimination, diversity and inclusion of professionals, Iberdrola España applies an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy that incorporates international best practices, including the provisions of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) approved by the UN.
Equal opportunity implies equal treatment to promote the personal and professional development of our human team; diversity refers to respect for and promotion of the set of characteristics that make people unique and singular. Iberdrola España believes that the richness of its team lies precisely in its variety, but it always guarantees equal treatment among the people who make it up.
On the other hand, when we talk about inclusion, we refer to the way in which we value differences between individuals and create opportunities for everyone to realise their full potential. We celebrate the particularities of all members of our organisation, but we also make them feel part of the same project, fostering a sense of belonging that makes them feel valued as part of a community.
As a group, we reflect our social progress annually in our Diversity and Inclusion Report. We believe that regular evaluation of our efforts and transparency are key tools to achieve our diversity and inclusion goals.
Iberdrola's D&I strategy is aligned with the priorities of the business, focuses on four pillars of action Culture, Talent, Customers, and Social Contribution, and has initiatives focused on the multiple dimensions of diversity (gender, disability, generational, cultural, LGBTIQ+, etc.). In the Culture and Talent pillars, we promote internal initiatives aimed primarily at employees, while the Customer and Social Contribution pillars promote external programmes and actions that generate a positive impact on customers, suppliers and the communities in which we operate.
Our alliances and recognitions in diversity and inclusion in Spain
In order to maximise the positive impact of its actions, the Iberdrola Group, of which we form part, also maintains numerous partnerships with international institutions and educational entities. Among its most noteworthy alliances are those with UN Women, the UN Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, and with the European Round Table (ERT), an influential group in the European Union that brings together 40 of its strongest companies.
The Iberdrola Group is also included in some of the main international sustainable development indexes, such as the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, the Global 100, the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, and the Workforce Disclosure Initiative (WDI). The Iberdrola Group takes these awards very seriously and is committed to maintaining its presence in them.
Alliances and belongings
- The company has been a member of the United Nations Global Compact since 2002 and continues to support UN WOMEN, the organisation's body aimed at supporting the advancement of equality between women and men.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Bloomberg has included Iberdrola in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI), which distinguishes organisations committed to equality between women and men.
- Alliance #CEOPorLaDiversity. This Alliance's mission is to unite the CEOs of leading companies in Spain around a common and innovative vision of diversity, equity and inclusion, acting as drivers and ambassadors, with the aim of helping to accelerate the development of strategies that contribute to business excellence, the competitiveness of talent in Spain and the reduction of inequality and exclusion in Spanish society.
- European Diversity Charter. Code of commitments to promote the fundamental principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. IB Spain has been a signatory since 2009 and holds the status of protective partner, forming part of its Business Council.
- Companies for a society free of gender violence. Ministry of Equality
In addition, Iberdrola España is present in the main forums, such as the meeting with the European Commissioner for Equality, Helena Dalli, being the only company in the energy sector invited for its good practices in diversity, highlighting the role of women on the board, the percentage of women along with other practices in the field of equality, diversity and inclusion.